If you’d like to advertise a position here please email our Communications Officer at email@example.com
Synthetic Biology Postdoctoral Research Associate (University of Florida – Horticultural Sciences Dept)
A synthetic biology postdoctoral position is open in Andrew Hanson’s group at University of Florida https://www.adhansonlab.org/
The Hanson Group is applying synthetic biology approaches to engineering plant and microbial metabolism. Their research aims for a utility to agriculture and the bioeconomy.
Ongoing projects include:
– Using directed evolution via the E. coli EvolvR system (PMID:30069054) and the yeast OrthoRep system (PMID:30415839) to build more energy-efficient versions of the thiamin synthesis enzyme THI4 (PMID:30337452)
– Using directed evolution to extend the working lives of enzymes, and so cut the high energy cost of replacing them (PMID: 30670486)
– Developing new-to-nature synthetic metabolic pathways that benefit agriculture and the environment
We collaborate extensively (via joint Federally-funded projects) and publish with groups at UF, in other US institutions, and in Europe. These groups include synthetic biologists, metabolic engineers, computational biochemists, and plant biochemists.
For our publications see https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=NMKoQqEAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
The position involves contributing to lab management, e.g. by overseeing ordering or coordinating the performance of everyday tasks by other lab members.
– Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, microbiology, chemistry, biotechnology, or a related discipline
– Proven organizational, time-management, and communication skills (oral and written)
– Experience with E. coli and preferably also yeast as genetic and metabolic platform organisms
– Strong interest in applying synthetic biology to metabolic engineering
– Strong interest in plants and plant improvement
Starting salary: $47,476/year. Fringe benefits include health insurance.
To Apply: Please send a letter of application, a detailed CV, and names and email addresses of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Postdoctoral Associate in Chemical and Synthetic Biology
School of Chemistry, The University of Sydney
13 April 2020
generous employer’s contribution to superannuation
Dr Yu Heng Lau, groups.chem.usyd.edu.au/lau/